This hake salad recipe comes together in less than half an hour. The hake only needs about 2 minutes a side as we’re cutting them into bite-sized pieces. Be sure not to overcook them.
I season my veg with freshly ground salt and black pepper, maybe a little garlic powder, that’s it.
Please leave me a comment below if you’ve tried the recipe. Hope you enjoy!
For the fish:
- 2 hake fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp fish spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flour
- vegetable oil for frying
For the salad:
- 170 grams asparagus
- 1 romaine lettuce heart halved
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- ½ avocado sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds toasted
- parmesan shavings to serve
- basil leaves to serve
- Rub the hake fillets with olive oil, then season with garlic powder, fish spice and salt.
- Cut the hake into roughly 2cm pieces, then give it a dusting of flour.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Add a little oil to the pan, then once the oil is hot, add the hake and fry for about 2 minutes a side.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel to get rid of the excess oil.
- Heat a griddle pan over very high heat. Add the asparagus, season with salt and black pepper and fry until charred. Now repeat with the lettuce hearts and lemon wedges.
- Place the asparagus together with the lettuce and the rest of the salad ingredients on a plate and add the hake. Drizzle with a little good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil and garnish with fresh basil. Add a charred lemon wedge and serve.